Flipped classrooms have many advantages. Lectures are available at online all the time and students who are missing classes due to illness, sports or emergencies, have access to their lessons and can catch up quickly. In addition, students get to develop their digital skills, which is so important in our computer-based society.
If you are a geography teacher, you should teach about the solar system using FlipSnack Edu. It’s very easy!
Teach the Solar System lesson with FlipSnack Edu
- Sign up and set up a classroom
- Add your students. If they are young and don’t have email addressed yet, you can give them usernames.
- Upload the solar system lesson and share it with your students.
- Ask your students to reply with flipbooks about one of the planets and present it in front of the class.
In class you can discuss the lesson and do fun activities, individually or in groups:
- Get some world maps (with scales). Ask the students to estimate how much space would be needed to position the planets properly at the scale used in the map. How far would Earth be from our Sun? Other planets?
- Have the students create a scale model of the Solar System using fruits or cardboard “planets”.
FlipSnack Edu makes learning fun. Students will learn while creating their flipbooks and will have easy access to the learning materials you’ve shared.